Outside Sales Engineer
About Thermal Equipment
Bluegrass Hydronics and Pump (BHP) has become a leading manufacturer’s representative in the industry for pumps, boilers, tanks, heat transfer equipment and anything in between. BHP conducts business with a high level of competence, product knowledge, honesty and integrity. Our firm works closely with consulting engineers and mechanical contractors to design, sell on new construction projects, renovation projects, and replacement projects.
An individual in this position should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as, a high technical/engineering ability. An education in mechanical engineering or possibly other degreed engineer with technical sales and experience in the industry are a plus. - BS Degree in Engineering preferred; or extensive industry experience. - 3 years of sales experience preferred. - General computer knowledge with emphasis in the following software applications: Word, Excel, Outlook. - Proficient in technical writing that will be utilized in all forms of internal and field communication. - Ability to communicate well verbally and visualize concepts. - Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on-time.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Travel for training and business meeting required.
- Marketing of equipment at customer events and trade shows, etc.
- Develop new business relationships with clients and assume care of some existing client relationships.
- Understand and respect individual personalities resident at each client.
- Inform customers of new products and services, classically via sales calls, presentations, etc.
- Be committed to becoming a technical expert in Hydronic and Pump equipment and systems as soon as practical while learning and designing new technical equipment application details.
- Execute training on hydronic products and systems.
- Estimate projects, prepare scopes, and negotiate with the contracting community to secure contracts (purchases).
- Design systems and select mechanical equipment mechanical equipment for consulting engineers during design phase of projects.
- Prepare specifications and schedules for consulting engineers during design phase of projects.
- Prepare submittals and technical documents for engineering review.
- Prepare order entry documentation
- Provide direct onsite support to customers when issues arise with our equipment.
- Coordinate service support from our manufacturers or arrange to provide that service directly.
- Work with current team members to promote BHP as a leader in customer service.
- Prepare territory sales plans for the Louisville, KY market.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards on behalf of BHP and your own reputation, Perform as a team with other staff, and Report directly to the CEO.