Inside Sales Engineering Support
About Thermal Equipment
Bluegrass Hydronics and Pump (BHP) has become works leading manufacturers un the industry for pumps, tanks, heat transfer equipment and anything in between. BHP conducts business with a high level of competence, product knowledge, honesty and integrity. Our firm works closely with consulting engineers and mechanical contractors to design, sell on new construction projects, renovation projects, and replacement projects.
An individual in this position should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as, a high technical/engineering ability. From time to time this individual will be asked to communicate with clients via phone/e-mail/face to face. A background in mechanical engineering, technical sales, previous inside sales experience and previous experience in the industry are a plus.
Education, Abilities & Skills
- BS Degree in Engineering preferred; or extensive industry experience
- General computer knowledge with emphasis in the following software applications: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Proficient in technical writing that will be utilized in all forms of internal and field communication
- Ability to communicate well verbally and visualize concepts
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on time
Description & Responsibilities:
- Perform supporting role for all Sales Representatives
- Read and interpret technical specifications (bid documents) and plans (blueprints)
- General understanding of project terms and conditions with regard to how they impact pricing
- Ability to apply components in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations, as well as industry standards
- Develop "Project Proposal Specification" or scope of work using applicable information from bid documents and component selections. Format of scope to be consistent with current scope guidelines.
- Prepare order entry documentation
- Update and maintain database such that bookings projections report and shipping projections report are accurate. Individual quote files to be kept to a minimum of 30-days current via follow-up calls and reporting.
- Manage and prioritize workload as customer defined deadlines are requested and adjusted on a daily basis